The basics to driving traffic to a dealership have never really changed. The tools may be more dynamic or more complicated but understanding the basics will make your job easier.
DO YOU HAVE DESIRABLE INVENTORY?
It may sound simple but you must stock your best-selling units in the best-selling colors. You’re going to get a lot of pressure from the manufacturers to carry other models, but don’t focus as much effort on them. The simple fact is desirable inventory in a mixture of popular colors will always create and drive traffic to your dealership. I am seeing this in used car inventory more than ever. Look for opportunities like Sure Post that provide valuable analytics to the used cars people are shopping for on line.
DO YOU HAVE A MOTIVATED AND INFORMED SALES FORCE?
Your sales force is the link between your customer and the dealership. Be sure you keep them informed.
1. Inform them about every ad campaign and get them motivated.
2. Develop a prospecting program that gives them a purpose and incentive. There are some neat programs out there like Dealership Advantage that give sales people some great prospecting tools.
3. Train them on how to use your ad campaign as a closing tool. If there is logic in your campaign and a real reason to buy, your staff should know it.
DO YOU HAVE A SOLID RETAIL MESSAGE?
Focus your advertising on getting Conquest Sales.
1. Communicate one clear message.
2. Relate the value to the targeted buyer.
3. Create urgency, not distress.
4. Ask for the order
BE SURE TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE EVERY CAMPAIGN- DO I HAVE THE INVENTORY, DO I HAVE MY STAFF READY AND IS MY MESSAGE BUILT TO DRIVE TRAFFIC.