Ok here we go. I have collected excuses dealerships are using regarding their social media progress or should I say they’re lack of progress.
These examples are from over 50 meetings over the last month.
Now the majority of these meetings were very productive. But the excuses below were too common.
If you find these in your vocabulary or your dialog don’t worry you’re not alone. In fact every dealer on the right path started at square one.
The old saying “we’ve all been there” applies here.
The real question is when you will discard this line of thought and engage like many of your competitors are beginning to do.
OK here is the list in no particular order. The names have been left out to protect the guilty.
- I don’t see the connection to the car business
- I don’t have the time to review a twitter page everyday
- I don’t even let my employees have access to social sites
- None of my friends are using facebook
- Twitter makes no sense to me
- People using social media have nothing better to do
- I don’t have time to learn about social media
And MY All Time FAVORITE >>>>>>>>>>>>
“I don’t have time for it right now and it doesn’t make sense to me anyway.”
I was once guilty of all of this! How about you!
Right now, I’d like to go on the record and say the Social Media is like absolutely nothing else and should be fully accepted and fully understood by every automotive ad agency and anyone in management at a dealership.
It’s been around awhile now and it is understandable . So from now on, let’s stop saying “I don’t get it” and start accepting it as grown-up, full-fledged part of your arsenal.