If your looking for a marketing idea where 1 + 1 = 3… Look no further!
Is Social Media a threat to email marketing. Absolutely not!
Don’t get pushed into thinking email and social media are not compatible. The truth is social media is going to make email marketing more effective.
“Even though people are spending more time using social media, they are not abandoning e-mail,” said Debra Aho Williamson, eMarketer senior analyst and author of the new report, “Maximizing the E-Mail/Social Media Connection.” “The two channels can help each other, offering the opportunity for marketers to create deeper connections.”
While most dealers are looking for ways to engage in social media the dealers who are ahead of the curve are quickly realizing the impact it can have with email marketing.
The ability to use your social content and direct to your already prolific email lists is a huge opportunity. For years dealers have wondered how often they should connect with the customer list. Generally dealers settle for once a quarter simply because the time and energy it takes to put together a newsletter.
Your blog however should have all the content you’ll ever need for a newsletter. So if you’re ready to have them work together lets get started.
Here’s all you need to do get you newsletter out at least once a month.
- Go to ConstantContact and open an account.
- Load your email data base. You may want one for customers and one for prospects.
- Build a template for your newsletter and use your blog head as the header. Don’t make it a dealership newsletter but a blog newsletter.
- Don’t get fancy. Make sure the reader can see three headlines when the open the email. Only put two or three lines of blog underneath the headline.
- Have read more button that takes them to the complete article on you blog.
- Keep the sales side out as much as you can. We are suppling relevant value oriented content to our owner base.
- If you must sell make it short and about service.
Use your blog data to see which blogs are being read the most. Select these for your newsletter.
This is just one simple way to integrate email and social media.
It really should be the first step you and your automotive ad agency take.
Don’t ever think email marketing or social media are one dimensional. Put your marketing hat on and your sure to come up with many more.